I graduated with a Bachelor of Commerce (Honours) degree in 2005 from the University of Manitoba. I obtained a Bachelor of Laws (LLB) degree in 2009 and was called to the bar in 2010. I articled at Thompson Dorfman Sweatman LLP (“TDS”), which was the second largest firm in Manitoba at the time.
After completing the articling year, I practiced as an associate lawyer at TDS for over 2 years. I joined Ammeter Law Group at the end of 2012 and practiced with that firm until March 2018. During my time at TDS and Ammeter Law Group, I gained valuable experience in various areas of law but my current practice is focused on corporate matters, estate planning, and estate administration.
Now, I have decided to open my own practice, Contrast Law. My goal is to provide client-centered service that utilizes various technologies which make it easier for my clients to arrange meetings, pay for services, and understand the particular nuances of their specific legal needs.
In my spare time, I enjoy golfing, travelling, and spending time with my wife, Jade, and our dog, Oakley.
- Business and corporate matters
- Maintenance of corporate records
- Estate planning
- Estate administration
EDUCATION & DESIGNATIONS
- Bachelor of Commerce (Honours) (2005)
- Bachelor of Laws (2009)
- TEP designation (current student)
- Solomon Greenberg Moot Competition Finalist (2008)
- The Hon. Archibald S. Dewar Award for Advocacy (2008)
- 2nd Place in the MIS Event at the Inter-Collegiate Business Competition (2005)
- Dean’s Honour List – I.H. Asper School of Business (2004)
OTHER INVOLVEMENT & PRESENTATIONS
- Member – The Law Society of Manitoba Practice and Ethics Committee
- Member – CPA Manitoba Complaints Investigation Committee
- Volunteer – Legal Help Centre of Winnipeg, Inc.
- Director-at-Large – The Estate Planning Council of Winnipeg
- Board Member – STEP Canada Winnipeg Branch
- Presenter – Will Week
- Presenter – Manitoba Bar Association (Wills & Estates Section) – Topic: Taxation and Administration of TFSAs and RESPs
- Presenter – Manitoba Bar Association (Wills & Estates Section) – Topic: Taxation and Administration of RRSPs and RRIFs
Subscribe to get free information and updates